What To Expect:
When we visit your Woodland Hills home after a fire loss, we will scope the effected areas to determine the extent of the loss. We will always pretest affected surfaces to determine the type of smoke and which products will help us recover the area most effectively. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. If a fire has damaged your home, call us right away at 818-882-4556. SERVPRO will treat you and your family with empathy and respect, and your property with care.
Though some fires are unavoidable acts of nature or unpredictable accidents, many fires in the home and workplace are avoidable. The following tips, courtesy of the NFPA, can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
1. Watch your cooking- Stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. Never allow young children around the stove or oven, especially if they are not closely attended.
2. Give space heaters space- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
3. Smoke outside- If you must smoke inside, have sturdy, deep ashtray. Never smoke in bed.
4. Keep matches and lighters out of reach- Keep matches and lighters in high cabinets, preferably under a child lock.
5. Inspect electrical cords- Replace cords that are cracked, damaged, have broken plugs or have loose connections.
6. Be careful when using candles - Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out before you leave the room or go to sleep.