How To Stay Safe While Burning Candles In Your Home
With the holidays coming up it is more common to light candles in your home. Although we love to light candles burning they are one of the highest causes of housefires. It is unsafe to light candles and leave them unattended while they are lit. The following are some ways to help keep your home safer.
- Keep a candle in the same place once it is lit and do not touch the flame.
- Keep the candles at a distance from anything that could burn. (ex: curtains and carpets)
- Candles should be placed out of reach from pets and children.
- Don't place candles around air currents, drafts and vents.
- Blow out candles prior to leaving a room or going to bed.
- Check that the candles are completely out.
If you have a fire loss from a candle it is possible that additional clean up will be needed. Call SERVPRO of Woodland Hills for trained professionals. SERVPRO understands the challenges with fires to your home and will correctly evaluate the situation to determine the best way to move forward.