- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate the “typical” process:
Step 1 : Emergency Service contact SERVPRO near you.
Step 2 : Inspection and Mold Damage Assessments.
Step 3: Mold Containment.
Step 4: Air Filtration.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold infested Materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Step 7: Restoration