Storm Season Woodland Hills, CA- Tips to be Prepared for Disaster
The aftermath of a major Southern California rainstorm can be overwhelming and stressful. Your personal safety and the safety of loved ones would naturally come first, however, after everyone is safe, what are the next steps? The 24-hour emergency response team at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills, CA recommends that home and business owners alike take these 5 steps right after a disaster event to help speed up the restoration process.
- Safety Concerns - Disconnect any electrical devices that may have been damaged by water. Look for broken glass, and be sure to wear shoes for protection.
- Call a Storm Damage Restoration Company - After a major disaster, Woodland Hills restoration companies book up very quickly. The sooner an appointment is made, the faster the restoration process can get started. (Moving quickly is vital to prevent more extensive damage).
- Prevent Further Damage - Check for any active leaks. For plumbing leaks, turn off the water. For roof damage, place something under the leak to catch as much water as possible.
- Document the Damage - A record of the damages will be very important during the insurance claims process. SERVPRO can help with this!
- File a Claim - Beginning the insurance claim process is the next step, especially if your home is uninhabitable. Most home insurance policies cover the cost of a home rental during the restoration process. Check your policy or call your agent to make sure.
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills is a family & locally owned storm, fire, and water restoration company with the resources of a national franchise behind them. They’ve served Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Reseda, and surrounding areas for over 26 years.