How Woodland Hills Residents Can Protect Themselves From Earthquakes & Wind Storms
When Southern California Earthquakes happen, they cause extensive damage to water and sewer lines. Before you know it, your home can have water within the walls, ceiling, or floors.
Gas lines can become disconnected during an Earthquake and cause fire and explosions. If you notice a sulfur-like smell, turn off your gas line & call the gas company right away. It is important to check your home after an earthquake. You can find more information on earthquake preparation here.
High Winds happen often in our Woodland Hills Community. When a High Wind advisory goes out here are a few things you can do.
- Move all patio furniture indoors.
- Keep all yard tools and equipment covered or within your shed.
- Keep debris around your home clear
- Dispose of large branches.
- Keep surrounding trees trimmed regularly.
- Inspect your roof for any loose shingles and repair if needed.
- When replacing your roof, keep extra shingles for situations like this.
- Loose or broken tiles can lead to water leaks in your home so it is important to take care of them early.
Call SERVPRO for more information or to help! 881-882-4556