Fire Prevention Tips For Woodland Hills, CA Residents
Many home and workplace fires are preventable and almost avoidable. SERVPRO offers tips that can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
- Stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling, or broiling food over an open flame.
- Never allow young children around the stove or oven (especially not unattended).
Space heaters -
- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything flammable.
- Do not sleep with space heaters on.
- If you must smoke inside, use a deep ashtray.
- Never smoke in bed.
- If possible smoke outside.
Matches and Lighters -
- Keep out of reach of children
- Keep matches and lighters in high cabinets
- Preferably have a child lock on lighters.
- Electrical Cords -
- Inspect cords regularly
- Replace cords that are cracked, damaged, or broken.
- Repair plugs that have loose connections.
- Keep candles at least one foot from anything flammable.
- Blow candles out before you leave the room
- Never go to sleep with candles burning.
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills takes great pride in being a part of the Woodland Hills community. We want to do our part to ensure the Woodland Hills community thrives by helping to keep the area safe and make our community the best it can be. Call SERVPRO @ 818-882-4556 anytime!