If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (818) 882-4556

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Heatwaves, Rolling-Blackouts, and Wildfires, California's Storm Season

10/1/2020 (Permalink)

SERVPRO logo with flames in background Calll SERVPRO of Woodland Hills 818-882-4556 We are faster to any size disaster!

Many of our homes and businesses lose power in Los Angeles County due to rolling blackouts and heatwaves. It is very important that you make smart decisions to protect your property and your family during the heat storms.

Candles can make a power-outage turn into a fire damage disaster in your Woodland Hills, CA home very quickly. If your power is out, it is much safer to use flashlights or another battery-powered light fixture. If candles must be used, ensure the candle is never left unattended and place it in a fireproof lantern or holder.

Power outages from heatwaves, wildfires, and rolling blackouts can also create dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning from indoor grills or generators. These items when used in a confined indoor area can be fatal. Carbon monoxide leaks cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted, therefore many do not realize they are being poisoned by it until it is too late.  It is also a good idea to unplug appliances and keep your property well ventilated. 

In the unfortunate event, you have experienced wildfire, smoke, or soot damage or any other disaster at your property due to the California storm season, our highly trained customer services representatives and IICRC certified technicians are here to help; please call SERVPRO of Woodland Hills 818-882-4556.

Other News

View Recent Posts