Woodland Hills California Heatwave Help
PRECAUTIONARY AND PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS you can take to help beat the heat and stay safe in your Woodland Hills home or business:
- Always drink plenty of clear fluids
- Stay in an air-conditioned room if possible
- Stay out of the sun if possible
- Check up on relatives and neighbors
- Young children & pets can never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances!
- Take precautions if you work outside
- Schedule strenuous activities for early morning or late evening
- Know the signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded areas or air-conditioned environments
- If you are overcome by heat you should be moved to a cool location.
Heatstroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1 for immediate assistance.
Stay cool Woodland Hills!