Types of Smoke & Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills is your local expert when it comes to fire damage restoration. Each smoke and fire damage situation is different and each requires a solution tailored to the specific conditions of the fire loss. SERVPRO has the latest equipment, IICRC trained expertise, and 25 years of experience to restore your fire and smoke damage to preloss condition. We treat you with empathy and respect and your home, property, or business with care.
SERVPRO Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke moves to cooler areas and upper levels of a building or structure.
- Smoke is drawn to plumbing systems and seeps through the holes used by pipes to migrate from floor to floor.
- Different types of smoke greatly affect the restoration process.
Know the Different Types of Smoke
There are different types of soot residue after a fire because there are 2 types of smoke: wet and dry. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO experts will examine your fire damage loss to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during our pretesting.
Wet Smoke – (Plastic and Rubber)
- Low heat, smoldering, strong odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are very difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – (Paper and Wood)
- Quick burning, high temperature
Protein Fire Residue – (Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire)
- Practically invisible, discoloration to paint and varnish, extremely pungent odor.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage to your home or office?
Call SERVPRO of Woodland Hills Now! – 818-882-4556