Fire Damage Leads to Water Damage & Mold Damage
Firefighters use water to extinguish the fire but this also saturates contents with wet smoke, and soot making the cleanup very difficult.
When water combines with toxic soot it produces a chemical reaction that is acid and will damage property further if left too long. The high-pressure water from fire hoses, and in fact, any water, that gets into the crevasses of interior spaces, attics, ceiling, in walls and along floorboards and carpeting, if not removed and dried quickly will develop the problem of toxic black mold as well as the fire damage. This process happens very quickly so you need to act immediately to avoid further damage.