Water Damage in your Business? SERVPRO of Woodland Hills
Water damage needs your immediate attention.
If an event causes water to enter your property, the extent of damage may be hard for you to detect. water often seeps into areas you may not consider, such as inside the walls, under baseboards, or onto subfloors. To avoid extensive damage, trained restoration experts should inspect and begin water mitigation immediately within the first 48 hours.
Take Action Quickly
If a flood disaster occurs on your property, remember the following tips from SERVPRO:
- Stay calm so that you can think clearly. Tune into local communications if flooding is weather related.
- Call SERVPRO for help as soon as you can.
- In the event of plumbing failure, close the water main or shut off the source of water so the flooding will stop and call a plumber.
- Shut off the electrical breaker and unplug or move electrical devices away from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Place aluminum foil pieces under the legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet to help prevent carpet staining.
- Remove papers, books, potted plants, or other items that are sitting on wet carpet or flooring to prevent staining.
Property owners should avoid using a vacuum, placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, and walking on the carpet any more than necessary.
If water damage strikes, you can depend on the professionals at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills to restore your home quickly. Call NOW! 818-882-4556