Pet Storm Preparedness
Pet Storm tips from SERVPRO of Woodland Hills -
Did you know that almost all dog and cat owners don't have disaster plans for their pets? SERVPRO of Woodland Hills urges you to make sure this isn’t you.
You made a disaster kit for yourself and family, so make one for your pet. This includes medical records and medication, food and water with can openers, leashes, and carriers.
- Keep pets inside during a storm. Animals can become confused and run away from home during a disaster.
- Arrange a safe haven for you and your pets during evacuation. Do not leave pets behind.
- Store an emergency kit—with items such as pet food, bottled water, medical records, a blanket, a flashlight and leashes—as close to an exit as possible.
- Make sure all pets wear collars and tags.
- Have your pet microchipped in case of a lost collar.
- Place a rescue alert sticker to your front home to let rescuers know that there are pets inside.
- Choose a caregiver to take care of your pet in the event you are unable to.
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills 818-882-4556