How you know to trust SERVPRO with your mold problem
Got Mold? Call today 818-882-4556
Why Choose SERVPRO of Woodland Hills for Mold Remediation
- We are a well trained and respected mold restoration company
- SERVPRO of Woodland Hills is IICRC certified
- We provide a copy of your contract in case a problem occurs and we stand by our work.
- SERVPRO knows what insurance companies require you to do following a mold loss.
- If there are insurance coverage questions, we ask your claims adjuster for answers in writing to ensure all parties are on the same page
- 1-4-8-Response time. this is is crucial to preventing further mold damage. Any delay can lead to a much more costly recovery.
- We begin repairs to your property promptly
- 23 years of family owned and operated business helps to ensure customer satisfaction!
Why SERVPRO in a Storm?
Landslides are common in California during a storm
Flooding and water damage usually can refer to a large range of loss types resulting from water intrusion from the ground or roof of a building. This kind of damage is devastating and much of your property, business, or home, can be ruined. Regardless of the extent of damage, speed, or duration of its occurrence, the storm can result in ownership and possession loss.
Storms, heavy rains, mudslides, and severe climate can leave massive losses to a community like Los Angeles County. This is why proper damage restoration should be a must. If you wish to live a stress-free life despite an unfortunate event like flooding, you need to hire the best restoration company SERVPRO. Professional restoration companies are highly skilled and trained, and know the entire process to get your home back. You can trust that 23 years of experience will get you back on track in no time.
2 Ways Water Can Get in During a Storm
Well equipped to handle any size disaster.
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills Storm Damage Tips
Did you know that there are two types of water damage?
Yes, there are 2 ways water can get into your home or business. From the top and from the bottom. If it infiltrates the property from the roof it is usually from faulty shingles or gutters that were not cleaned. Please clean your gutters! It is definitely an inconvenience but, fortunately, it is usually covered by your insurance policy.
If it enters from the base of the property it is called groundwater infiltration and this type of water damage is most likely not going to be covered. But the damage needs to be cleaned up as soon as possible. Remove the standing water by using a wet/dry vacuum, mopping it up, or using a sump pump. If you have fans, bring them in to move the air around and dry out the space. Hint: If there is any evidence of mold, do not use the fans since this will spread the spores. If the water level can be measured in inches you need to call in a professional.
The water remediation professionals at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills have the knowledge, experience, and equipment to make it, “Like it never even happened.
Are You Ready for a Storm?
Whole house flooding after a storm
Ways to prepare before the storm arrives:
- Look around. Lawn furniture, toys, tables, and chairs should be brought inside or stored away. Secure your grill.
- Remove any solar-powered ground lights. Ground lights that are hard-wired can be left in the ground.
- Wrap burlap around ornamental trees or fragile bushes. You can also stake and string trees and bushes.
- Take in any window air conditioners.
After a storm damage:
- Remember, electricity and water are a deadly combination. If you have to walk through water to turn off the circuit breaker, consider calling your power company to shut off the power.
- If you are unsure of the best and safest way to shut off the power, call your local fire department.
- To mitigate any further damage to your valuables, raise any items up off of the floor and out of the water.
- If the roof has incurred any damage, immediately call SERVPRO to cover it with a tarp.
- If a window has been broken, immediately call SERVPRO to board it up.
- Check on neighbors—especially the elderly—to make sure they are safe.
Call SERVPRO if you have any questions or need service 24/7/365 818-882-4556
Pet Storm Preparedness
Don't let your pet be unprepared.
Pet Storm tips from SERVPRO of Woodland Hills -
Did you know that almost all dog and cat owners don't have disaster plans for their pets? SERVPRO of Woodland Hills urges you to make sure this isn’t you.
You made a disaster kit for yourself and family, so make one for your pet. This includes medical records and medication, food and water with can openers, leashes, and carriers.
- Keep pets inside during a storm. Animals can become confused and run away from home during a disaster.
- Arrange a safe haven for you and your pets during evacuation. Do not leave pets behind.
- Store an emergency kit—with items such as pet food, bottled water, medical records, a blanket, a flashlight and leashes—as close to an exit as possible.
- Make sure all pets wear collars and tags.
- Have your pet microchipped in case of a lost collar.
- Place a rescue alert sticker to your front home to let rescuers know that there are pets inside.
- Choose a caregiver to take care of your pet in the event you are unable to.
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills 818-882-4556
Fire Prevention tips from SERVPRO
24 hour emergency services guaranteed!
After a fire disaster you may be in shock, be overwhelmed and not know what to do. SERVPRO understands this is a very emotional time for you,
and we are here to help.
Many fires in the home and workplace can be prevented. The following tips can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
1. Watch your cooking- Stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. Never allow young children around the stove or oven, especially if they are not closely attended.
2. Give space heaters space- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
3. Smoke outside- If you must smoke inside, have sturdy, deep ashtray. Never smoke in bed.
4. Keep matches and lighters out of reach- Keep matches and lighters in high cabinets, preferably under a child lock.
5. Inspect electrical cords- Replace cords that are cracked, damaged, have broken plugs or have loose connections.
6. Be careful when using candles - Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out before you leave the room or go to sleep.
Call SERVPRO 24/7/365 if you have a fire, water damage, mold, or cleaning emergency.
Planning Your Escape
Fire Escape Route
SERVPRO of Woodland Hills helping you plan a way out of a fire.
A flame can quickly grow out of control and turn into a large, uncontrollable fire in less than 30 seconds, it’s vital for you to establish and plan your family’s fire escape plan. Remember, building your family’s fire escape plan can keep your family safe!
Fires are the most common disaster in the nation, so when a fire happens, there is no time to waste. A fire escape plan can help ensure that your family evacuates quickly and safely through routes that are pre-planned discussed and practiced.
Here’s a plan to help you prepare your family’s escape:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, and on every level of your house. Test each alarm monthly and change batteries at least once a year.
- Draw a floor plan of your home, marking ways out of every room. It’s important to make sure that all family members know how to open doors and window locks. Also, if you have security bars, they should have a quick-release feature that can be operated from the inside.
- If your house has two or more floors, place escape ladders in or near windows to provide an escape route. If you live in an apartment, never use the elevator to escape, use the stairs.
- Set a plan in advance for who will help the very young, elderly, or physically challenged members of your family.
- Teach your family that when the smoke alarm sounds, they should:
- Roll out of bed onto the floor.
- Stay low beneath the smoke and crawl to the door.
- Check the door for heat with the back of the hand. If the door is cool, then open it slowly and check to see if it’s safe to crawl to the nearest exit. If the door is hot, don’t open it! Instead, place a towel or blanket across the bottom of the door to keep smoke out and crawl to the nearest window to exit the house.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance (more than 300 feet away) from your home and make sure everyone knows to meet at this location after they escape the burning house.
- Once everyone is safely at the designated meeting spot, call your local fire department from a friend or neighbor’s house.
- Under no circumstances should you re-enter your house. Once you are out of the burning house, stay out until a fire official gives you permission to re-enter the house.
- Practice your family’s fire escape plan at least once every six months. It’s important to practice it during the day and during the night and make the fire drill as realistic as possible. Be sure to practice all escape routes to ensure all household members know how to escape safely.
If there is a fire call SERVPRO of Woodland Hills 818-882-4556 24/7/365
Mold in Woodland hills Home or Business? We've got you!
Don't wait for water damage to turn to mold. Call SERVPRO 818-882-4556
Mold can spread through a home or business in as little as 48 hours after being exposed to water.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Woodland Hills Today – 818-882-4556
If You Have Mold Call SERVPRO Today
SERVPRO is here 24/7/365 818-882-4556
Mold Removal - SERVPRO of Woodland Hills
Mold spores spread so quickly that professional removal is necessary. Mold sets in in as little as 24 hours. Let the professionals at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills fully remediate your home from mold damage. Our experts take the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe and ensure the problem won’t return.
Regardless of the type, all mold should be removed. The EPA recommends that homeowners call a professional if the mold in their home covers more than 10 square feet. When it comes to black mold, however, even a small amount is enough to have removed!
Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills if you have had a water incident or suspect that you have mold. 818-882-4556
Water Damage in your Business? SERVPRO of Woodland Hills
Woodland Hills water damage mitigation by SERVPRO of Woodland Hills
Water damage needs your immediate attention.
If an event causes water to enter your property, the extent of damage may be hard for you to detect. water often seeps into areas you may not consider, such as inside the walls, under baseboards, or onto subfloors. To avoid extensive damage, trained restoration experts should inspect and begin water mitigation immediately within the first 48 hours.
Take Action Quickly
If a flood disaster occurs on your property, remember the following tips from SERVPRO:
- Stay calm so that you can think clearly. Tune into local communications if flooding is weather related.
- Call SERVPRO for help as soon as you can.
- In the event of plumbing failure, close the water main or shut off the source of water so the flooding will stop and call a plumber.
- Shut off the electrical breaker and unplug or move electrical devices away from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Place aluminum foil pieces under the legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet to help prevent carpet staining.
- Remove papers, books, potted plants, or other items that are sitting on wet carpet or flooring to prevent staining.
Property owners should avoid using a vacuum, placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, and walking on the carpet any more than necessary.
If water damage strikes, you can depend on the professionals at SERVPRO of Woodland Hills to restore your home quickly. Call NOW! 818-882-4556