Are You Ready for a Storm?
Ways to prepare before the storm arrives:
- Look around. Lawn furniture, toys, tables, and chairs should be brought inside or stored away. Secure your grill.
- Remove any solar-powered ground lights. Ground lights that are hard-wired can be left in the ground.
- Wrap burlap around ornamental trees or fragile bushes. You can also stake and string trees and bushes.
- Take in any window air conditioners.
After a storm damage:
- Remember, electricity and water are a deadly combination. If you have to walk through water to turn off the circuit breaker, consider calling your power company to shut off the power.
- If you are unsure of the best and safest way to shut off the power, call your local fire department.
- To mitigate any further damage to your valuables, raise any items up off of the floor and out of the water.
- If the roof has incurred any damage, immediately call SERVPRO to cover it with a tarp.
- If a window has been broken, immediately call SERVPRO to board it up.
- Check on neighbors—especially the elderly—to make sure they are safe.
Call SERVPRO if you have any questions or need service 24/7/365 818-882-4556